- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 5 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Stir in meat crumbles, cilantro and cumin; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Layer with one tortilla, a fourth of the meat crumble mixture, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 cup cheese, 2 or 3 jalapeno slices and 1 tablespoon olives. Repeat layers three times. Top with remaining tortilla, salsa, olives and jalapeno slices.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Vegetarian meat crumbles are a nutritious protein source made from soy. Look for them in the natural foods freezer section.
1 piece: 335 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 1111mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.