- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, hash browns and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until crust is set and edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini and red pepper in butter for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the ham, basil, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; add zucchini mixture. Stir in cheese. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
1 slice: 273 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 201mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.