- 1-1/2 cups frozen O’Brien potatoes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 8 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it. This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.
- In a large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir the potatoes in oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in ham; heat through.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, milk and oregano; add to the pan. Arrange red pepper strips over egg mixture to resemble the spokes of a wheel. Cover and cook over low heat for 8-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Uncover; broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are set and frittata is golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; let stand until melted. Cut into wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine salsa and cilantro; heat through. Serve with frittata.
1 slice: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.