- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Layer with spinach, bacon, onion, red pepper and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 239 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.