- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each )
- CILANTRO LIME BUTTER:
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Brush over chicken.
- Place chicken skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 15 minutes. Turn; grill 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter ingredients. Drizzle over chicken before serving.
- This recipe gives you a hint of classic mole flavor. Mole is a Mexican sauce that can be made in many ways, but includes the standout flavors of cumin, cinnamon and cocoa.
- Bone-in chicken will mean juicier, more flavorful chicken than using boneless chicken breasts.
- Shred leftover chicken and make chicken tacos for a quick follow-up meal later in the week.
Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1 chicken breast half with 1 tablespoon lime butter: 430 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.