- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten large egg, divided
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Dash pepper
- Dash paprika
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and poppy seeds. In another bowl, combine milk and 1 tablespoon egg. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Combine the sour cream, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon egg. Spoon onion over muffin batter; spread with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
1 each: 220 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.