- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) lentils, drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon quatre epices (French four spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add vegetables and lentils; cook and stir until heated through, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mustard, French Four spice and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place pie crust over filling. Trim; cut slits in top. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
- For a smoky Spanish flavor, use lemon pepper and smoked paprika instead of the quatre epices.
- You can prepare the filling 24 hours beforehand, or make a double recipe and freeze half the filling for another day.
1 serving: 356 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 9g fiber), 10g protein.