- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 12 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches in dish. Place half of the bread cubes over peaches. Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread. Place the eggs, cream and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
1 piece: 470 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 267mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.