- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 jar (18 ounces) peach preserves
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread preserves over crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup almonds. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread meringue evenly over almonds. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
1 each: 196 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.