- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-3/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, orange juice concentrate and vanilla until smooth. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll 1 portion into an 18×7-in. rectangle. Spread half of the filling to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place cut side down in a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine confectioners’ sugar, orange juice and zest; drizzle over warm rolls. Refrigerate leftovers.
To make ahead: Prepare, shape and place rolls in baking pans as directed. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove rolls from the refrigerator and let stand for 30 minutes. Bake and glaze as directed.
1 roll: 284 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.