- tablespoons olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces (20 oz)
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2
- cups Progresso™ chicken stock (from 32-oz carton)
- cup chopped red bell pepper (1 large)
- 2 1/2
- cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
1In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, salt and pepper in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
2Add rice and chicken stock; heat to boiling. Cook over medium-high heat 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
3Add bell pepper, broccoli and 1 cup of the cheese. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from heat.
4Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover; let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.