- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) sliced mini pepperoni
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Chopped fresh basil, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Return to skillet with next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork; stir in cheese. Top with pepperoni and, if desired, additional Parmesan cheese and basil.
1-1/4 cups: 390 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.