- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) dill Havarti cheese
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse salt, optional
- Assorted crackers and fresh fruit
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it. This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the parsley, thyme, rosemary and oregano. Spread mustard over cheese blocks; roll in herbs to coat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to about 13 in. long (or long enough to fit cheese blocks end to end). Place cheese on pastry and fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush pastry with egg. With floured cutters, cut decorative shapes from dough scraps if desired; arrange over the top and brush with egg. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm with crackers and fruit.
1 slice: 188 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.