- 2 cups light sour cream (or 0% Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups berries of choice, fresh or frozen*
- ¾ cup jam or jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin pans with paper liners (or grease well).
- In a large bowl, whisk together sour cream, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add in sugar until combined completely.
- Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Carefully stir in berries.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the bottom of each liner, spreading it out to cover the bottom completely. Top with 1 teaspoon of jam and cover with remaining batter (about one heaping tablespoon per muffin cup), covering the jam with the batter.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, until light golden brown, toothpick comes out clean and batter around berries appears cooked. Cool to room temperature and serve.
- Muffins can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days or frozen for 3-4 months.