- 4 medium sweet yellow or orange peppers
- 1-1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
Put the image below in one of your Pinterest boards so you can always have it with you when you need it. This enables us to continue receiving funding from Pinterest.
- Cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove stems and seeds. Place peppers on a baking sheet, skin side up. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, rice and pesto. When cool enough to handle, fill peppers with chicken mixture; return to baking sheet. Bake until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
2 stuffed pepper halves: 521 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.