- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 7 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can concentrated cream of mushroom soup
- 4 or 5 slices thick bacon
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ⅔ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 apple, peeled and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken breasts well with salt and pepper.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet and drain on paper towel. Add some butter and quickly brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Transfer them to a casserole.
- Cook the onion for 3 minutes, then add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper, cook an additional 3 minutes. Add the chopped apple and cook for another 3 minutes. Pour in the white wine and deglaze the pan. Add the mushroom soup and grated cheese and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts. Bake in a 350F oven for 25 – 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water according to the directions on the package. Put the spaghetti in a bowl, place the chicken on top and pour the sauce over all.