- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, sour cream, cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon half of the mixture into a greased 11×7-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the chiles and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
3/4 cup: 388 calories, 22g fat (16g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.