- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups sugar, oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples.
- Spread half of the batter into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon if desired.
1 piece: 376 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.